Monday 6 March 2017

Ramsgate and Historical Thanet, featured local guide book.

This guide to Thanet was published around 1920, they often try to make it difficult to find the date on these old travel guides and with WW1 covering the 1914 – 18 period and the last date I can find in the guide being 1914, although I didn’t look very carefully, you may need to come into the bookshop and have a bit of a browse of it to be more exact.

The pictures here are pages 40 to 49 of what is an 84 page A4 guide, obviously if you like your guide book to be about 100 years out of date then this is the one for you, so here is the link if you want to buy our reprint of it













Also a different and much more difficult coffin photo for anyone who wants to have a go at working out where in Thanet this one is. 

Here are the books that went on our shelves today http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/wheres-wally-in-bookshop.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.