Tuesday 7 February 2017

Ramsgate Carnival program for 1968, some photos of the 1968 carnival

Here in the bookshop we are busy processing some largish collections of books at the moment, several contain local books and ephemera, which comes my way and today I managed to marry up the 1968 carnival program with photos (which I have put online before) of the 1968 Ramsgate Carnival.






















I am still no closer to discovering the origin of Ramsgate Carnival, see my post the other day http://thanetonline.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/when-did-ramsgate-carnival-begin-odd.html                                                                                                                                                                                                                    


On my desk, plenty of local stuff that is difficult to price, not so much about making money as keeping the balance between supply and demand, never easy.

Yesterday it was children’s and railway books, see http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/mr-bump-in-bookshop.html today more children’s and railway books http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/a-series-of-unfortunate-events-in.html I hope by the end of tomorrow things will start to go to local books.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.