Wednesday 1 February 2017

Council to spend 3m on Leopold Street and Mill Lane car parks and some aerial photos of Ramsgate and some pictures of Northdown Road in 2009

I may have got the wrong end of the stick here but I think the story is that the council sold the car parks so the could rent them and are now going to buy back the freeholds.

Here are the old pictures of Ramsgate










And here the link to the Northdown Road pictures http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/NorthdownRoad/index.htm this is here becase one of today’s bookshop customers wanted any pictures of Northdown Road an I remembered taking these and putting them online.

Here is today’s work i.e. the books that went on the shelves in my bookshop today http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/the-sett-in-bookshop.html


finally manage to find the thig Purchase of MultiStorey Car Parks To buy the multi-storey car parks with a loan instead of paying rent to make long term budgetary savings. 1.Cabinet 2.Tim Howes, Director of Corporate Governance and Monitoring Officer Councillor Suzanne Brimm, Cabinet Member for Operational Services 31 Jan 17 Budget setting Cabinet report Council report

and here is the link to the document http://democracy.thanet.gov.uk/documents/l249/Printed%20plan%20Forward%20Plan%20and%20Exempt%20Cabinet%20Report%20List%20for%20period%2011%20January%202017%20-%2030%20June%202017.pdf?T=4 

  

2 comments:

  1. Crazy selling assets then buying them back. I saw today about the small units in Dane Valley the council want to sell http://karen4labour.uk/save-dane-valley-workshops-save-livelihoods/
    it is crazy the way UKIP run our island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bit of a puzzle where the council can find £3 millions from. Only last November they weer reporting that reserves were dangerously low at £6.6 millions and a council such as TDC should have reserves of £20 millions.
    I guess they have borrowed it.
    But the political leadership of TDC seem to be throwing in the towel before they get knocked out with Dreamland being a drain. Under the CPO is looks like TDC thinks the site is worth £1 million and the owners £10 millions, and the administrators of Sands Heritage seem to think TDC own them rather a lot because of the failed rope. On top of that there could be a £6 to £10 millions cost of getting the Royal Sands lease back - unless of course you think the owner is going to develop as per plans in the not to distant future.
    Who would want to merge with TDC? Not Ashford council that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.